For our weekend getaway to Busan, we wanted to find somewhere cheap and convenient, so one of my friends did some research on Agoda and we settled on this hostel – Blue Boat Hostel Nampodong. It’s located just 10 minutes from Busan Station, making it very accessible to a lot of attractions.
This property is located a short distance from attractions such as Gwangbok-Dong, Nampo-Dong, and Jagalchi Market. Local points of interest like Gukje Market and Busan Port are reachable within 1 km and 0.9 miles, respectively.
We booked the 6-Bed Dormitory – Female Only (25 sqm 6 beds) at just SGD40 per person for 2 nights from Agoda – a really very good deal, especially considering that the location is super convenient and breakfast is provided!!! I didn’t manage to take a lot of photos, so I’m took one of the main lobby from their page on Booking.com:
This was our room (that we shared with 1 other guest):
Some things I really liked about this hostel:
- Cheap: Paying just SGD20 for a decent sleeping space is seriously such a steal. Having breakfast available and towels & slippers provided – the cherry on top.
- Clean: No unwanted insects, no dirty towels, everything is spick & span.
- Gender-segregated: Don’t need to worry about having to share your sleeping space with the other gender, because different floors are catered to different genders.
- Decent bed: Tbh I didn’t mind the beds, and I liked that you can pull the blinds down for privacy at night.
- Common kitchen & dining space: You get to speak to & mingle with other guests. We actually spoke to a few Taiwanese having supper while we were playing & drinking.
- Friendly staff: The lady at the counter (I assume she’s the one running the hostel) was so friendly & cheerful! She was very patient and helpful throughout our stay there, which I feel really made the experience very good.
- Shared bathroom: Aka long queues during in the mornings and evenings. But I do appreciate that the bathroom comes with shampoo and shower gel, so you don’t have to pack your own.
- Not much space to keep your stuff: They give this tiny space under each bed and a key for you to lock, which works if you bring backpacks and duffel bags, but is insufficient if you are bringing some bulky luggage (thank goodness we didn’t, left it back in our dorms in Seoul).
If you are not very picky about sharing rooms and about smaller beds, you should definitely book this during your time in Busan. I heard that this place is very popular among tourists and even locals themselves, so best to book as early as you can!
Address: 15-1, Gwangbok-ro 85beon-gil, Jung-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea, Jung-gu, Busan, South Korea, 48951
We booked via Agoda, you can check it out here.